Sat May 31 18:33:50 2008, Thomas Bergauer, other, beam profile, , , ,
Beam configuration file: H6b.802 (FM HAD (P0 off, H8=+180) PARLALLEL IN H6B SILC 2008
Rate: 5.7E5 particles/spill (measured with SCINT8 in beamline)
Particle Production Applet
For +120 Gev/c beam:
K+|| 5.38 %
Sun Jun 1 17:01:12 2008, Thomas Bergauer, SiLC, path do data, , , ,
|The data of all runs are stored on eudetmac001.cern.ch:|
Telescope data: /Volumes/Data/eudet/Data/testing
all data will be saved to an external Firewire disk (Vienna Backup) and to CASTOR
Sun Jun 1 20:13:37 2008, Eudet Telescope, SiLC, BZIP2 compressed APVDAQ data, , , ,
|Processed APVDAQ data_cluster - in tar.bzip2 format:|
- on machine: eudetmac001.cern.ch
- in directory: /Volumes/Data/eudet/APVDAQ/silc/data_bz2
- size reduction by factor 6
- in order to extract files, write: tar -xjf name.tar.bz2
Sun Jun 1 23:36:21 2008, Christian Irmler, SiLC, HowTo analyse data, , , ,
|The analysis consists of two stages: |
Both are installed on EUDETMAC.
- The first is zero supression an cluster finding done with "apvdaq_analysis_fadc" (Labwindows/CVI application)
- The second stage is hit time reconstruction done with ROOT. (hitfit)
- start apvdaq_analysis_fadc within the virtal Windows XP machine (parallels).
- select a runfile, e.g. run0001.dat
- select a propper calibration file, default is "cal002.out"
- select pedestal correction file, default is "pedcorr001.ped"
- enable "generate hit file and save results"
- click "Start"
- The result of the analyis is a file containing all hits above threshold, the filename is "xxxxxxx_cluster.hit", where xxxxxxx is the run name
- The data structure of the file is described at http://elog.hephy.at/testbeam-SPS08/04
- The file is located in the same folder as the raw data file (= data)
- Once apvdaq_analysis_fadc is finished, start a console window and change into the directory /Volumes/Data/eudet/APVDAQ
- execute ./hitfitrun nnnn, where nnnn is the run number
- results: file with fitted hits (data structure see http://elog.hephy.at/testbeam-SPS08/04) as well as several plots.
- file name: xxxxxxx_cluster.hit.fit, the file is located in the subdirectory output.
Wed Jun 4 15:41:04 2008, Thomas Bergauer, , end., , , ,
|testbeam is over. DUTs and APVDAQ have been dismounted and will be shipped back to Vienna. EUDET telescope is still in H6B and taking data for alignment and pedestal during the night. |