PC logon: user "testbeam", pwd "sensor"
Order for switching on the hardware (not strict):
* VME 9U crate
* keithley instruments
* +-5V (fat) 2 lab power supplies (left stack)
* other 3 lab power supplies (right stack)
BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE DIALS AT ALL DURING SWITCHING!!!
Run ResMan.exe (shortcut on desktop) and click OK to close
Start longterm-R31.vi (shortcut on desktop) and start HV bias
Now everything is on and ready to operate.
This is also the condition after a run is finished.
Start Run (see screenshot below)
1. select proper run type (if different from previous run), typically
Hardware (beam) or
Software (pedestal) or
2. open proper config file (if different from previous run), one of
cern08_silc_all_single.cfg (8 DUTs, 1 sample) - for software (pedestal) and intcal runs
cern08_silc_all_multi6.cfg (8 DUTs, 6 samples) - for hardware (beam) runs
cern08_silc_mod03_single.cfg (1 DUT, module 03, 1 sample) - for software (pedestal) and intcal runs
cern08_silc_mod03_multi6.cfg (1 DUT, module 03, 6 samples) - for hardware (beam) runs
3. select file name (typically: increase run number)
4. switch Write File ON (if turned off)
5. write some useful comments (conditions, HV, etc)
6. enter number of events
7. hit "Start Run" and relax or cry for help :-)
path to APVDAQ: e:\cvi-projects\apvdaq_fadc
path to Longterm: e:\labview-projects\longterm R3.1
path to data: f:\testbeam\cern_jun08\silc\data